Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Sisterhood


The Sisterhood
VP 2006
X-men Evolution

This is the first pic fully commissioned with VP's digi style.  Looking back on it it kinda sucks in comparison to his marker stuff.  But because we had such a good rapport I stuck with him and pestered him about returning to all marker.

At this point I am not sure if I had ever watched this cartoon.  I had seen lots of  VP and other artists work and read a few fanfics but I had never watched it.  That is why I unfortunately chose 90's Jubilee as opposed to Jean in this pic.  I was anti Jean at the time.  The concept behind this pic was Mystique branded each of the girls with her skull mark and formed them into a sexual sisterhood.

One big thing about this pic is it started my favorite fanart coupling Wanda and Rahne, the Wolf & Witch.  I don't remember if VP had them interacting in the original vision or if I had asked him to do that based off some random unfinished fanfic I read months/years prior.  What I do know is I liked the look and the idea of them together so the coupling was born.  Since then I have commissioned probably close to if not more than two dozen pics of them together.  I always thought of them as a fanfic through illustration.

PacoBell... The MAGNUS

No comments:

Post a Comment